Monday, September 16, 2019

No Rivals

Scripture:

“He’s steadfast in all he does. His ways are the ways of righteousness, based on truth and holiness. None can rival him, but all will be amazed by him.”
‭‭Song of Songs‬ ‭5:15‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

Song of Songs can be seen as a love song between Jesus and His bride.  If taken that way, this verse is speaking of Him and tells us He is steadfast in all He does and that His ways are righteous, based on truth and holiness.  Solomon goes on to say that none can rival him, but all will be amazed by Him.  Jesus truly is righteous, true, holy, and He has no rivals.  All will one day be amazed by him.

Application:

I have been blessed by a song this year that speaks of God’s reckless love for us.  My favorite part of the song say, “You have not rivals.  You have no equals.”  I don’t want anything to be a rival to Jesus in my life.  I want to live a life of sold out passionate love for my king.  Sometimes life and the frustrations of life can rival my love for my king and I want Him to have no rivals in my life.

Prayer:

Father, may there be no rivals in my life to You.  Let me live a life of abandonment to the things of God.  I want You to be first place in my life at all times.  You truly have no rivals and no equals.  Help me to worship You like that is true.  Let my life reflect the fact that nothing compares to You.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment