Saturday, September 21, 2019

The Power of a Testimony

Scripture:

“See, God has come to save me. I will trust in him and not be afraid. The Lord GOD is my strength and my song; he has given me victory.””
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭12:2‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Here Isaiah tells the people of Israel that one day a remnant of them will have a testimony of what their God did for them.  He tells them that they will be declaring that God came and saved them and given them the victory.  They will realize it was God and not themselves that conquered their enemies.

Application:

I want to see more and more testimonies of what God is doing in people’s lives.  I am hungry to see His power move in and through His people.  Testimonies are powerful because people can’t argue with the signs and wonders God sends.  I want God to do things around me that only He can get credit for.  I want people to see the goodness of God in my life and ministry and to realize that He will do the same for them if they serve Him.

Prayer:

Arise oh Lord and demonstrate Your glorious power.  Come and move mightily in our midst.  Do some things nobody can get credit for so we can point people to Your goodness.  Let testimonies be numerous of what You are doing in people’s lives.  You are everything to me and I want more and more reasons to shout Your praise and to point people to You.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment