Thursday, September 12, 2019

Don’t Wait

Scripture:

“Farmers who wait for perfect weather never plant. If they watch every cloud, they never harvest.”
‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭11:4‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Solomon says some powerful words here about life in general using a farmer as an example.  He basically says that being too cautious and waiting for the best time for things, generally will leave you never accomplishing what you need to accomplish.  Waiting for a better day or a better situation will cause you to miss out on what needs done.

Application:

I have heard it said that the opportunity of a lifetime must be seized within the lifetime of the opportunity.  In other words, opportunities don’t last forever, they must be grasped when offered.  Instead of waiting for the perfect timing on things and the perfect conditions, we need to just start doing what God is calling us to do.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to make the most of every opportunity.  Teach me to move when You say move and to do what You say needs done.  I don’t want to make excuses or put things off that You want me to do now.  Help me to discern Your timing on things and not to shrink back if I feel I’m not ready, etc.  I want to do Your will and do it well.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment