Friday, September 20, 2019

Look to God’s Instructions

Scripture:

“Look to God’s instructions and teachings! People who contradict his word are completely in the dark.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭8:20‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Here we are told to look to God’s instructions and that people who go against God’s word are completely in the dark.  When we stay in the Word and remain in the Lord, we walk in the light and there is no darkness in Him.  We stay in the light by staying in God’s word and in God’s presence.

Application:

I want to walk in the light and remain in the light at all times.  To do this, I need to continually stay in the Word of God and allow it to transform my life.   I don’t want to contradict God’s word and be in the dark.  As I have gotten older, working on things like my car, I am always asking for more light on where I’m working.  I always complain that I don’t have enough light to work.  I want to always have the flashlight of the Holy Spirit lighting up my life so I must start in His word.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to stay in Your word continually.  Guide me with Your light so I can see the next steps to take.  Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.  Speak to me clearly so I can follow.  You know the desire of my heart is to always know Your will and to do it.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment