Tuesday, September 24, 2019

But Instead

Scripture:

“At that time the Lord, the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, called you to weep and mourn. He told you to shave your heads in sorrow for your sins and to wear clothes of burlap to show your remorse. But instead, you dance and play; you slaughter cattle and kill sheep. You feast on meat and drink wine. You say, “Let’s feast and drink, for tomorrow we die!””
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭22:12-13‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

This passage tells us of a time when God was calling His people to weep and mourning, but instead they danced and played and had a feast saying let’s eat and drink because we are going to die tomorrow.  There is grace danger in celebrating when God wants us mourning.

Application:

We must be sensitive to the voice and the move of God.  There is a time to fast and pray and sacrifice and there is a time to celebrate victories in the camp of the Lord.  We must learn to walk in step with the Spirit so that we will know when it is right to humble ourselves before God and cry out to Him and when to take our position of victory and fight.  Timing is very important to the Lord.

Prayer:

Father, let me know Your timing.  I don’t want to be out of step with You.  I want to know what You are doing and what You want of me at all times.  I don’t want to party when You want me broken.  I don’t want to be out of step with you.  Let me hear Your voice clearly as I look to You.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment