Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Have Fun

Scripture:

“So I recommend having fun, because there is nothing better for people in this world than to eat, drink, and enjoy life. That way they will experience some happiness along with all the hard work God gives them under the sun.”
‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭8:15‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

After Solomon has talked extensively about everything under the sun, he concludes here that it is good to have some fun because nothing is better than eating, drinking and enjoying life.  He basically says that there will be plenty of hard work as long as we live here on earth so go ahead and have some fun.

Application:

Sometimes we are guilty of simply taking ourselves too seriously and not enjoying life enough.  Sometimes we need to take a break from the work and go have some fun.  I am personally in a place where I know I need to slow down some and enjoy life a little more because it is passing me by quicker and quicker it seems.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to balance my life better.  Help me to have some fun in the process of building Your kingdom and working in Your fields.  Teach me to live a life that accomplishes much, but is also full of fun and enjoyable.  Teach me to when to work hard and when to have some fun along the way.  Let me be led by Your Spirit every day.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment