Thursday, September 26, 2019

The Potter Is Greater than the Clay


Scripture:

“How foolish can you be? He is the Potter, and he is certainly greater than you, the clay! Should the created thing say of the one who made it, “He didn’t make me”? Does a jar ever say, “The potter who made me is stupid”?”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭29:16‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Isaiah says here that God is certainly greater than the people of Israel.  He wanted them to realize that God created them and the created thing cannot say to the creator that He didn’t make them.  The jar can never say that the potter is stupid and doesn’t know what he is doing.  

Application:

Sometimes we don’t like what we see around us.  There are times when we question Gos about our lives and think God is doing a terrible job in building something.  Most of the time we think we have the answers for our lives, but God know best.  He is the author and finisher.  He wrote the story of our lives and knows best what we need at all times.  Our place is to soften ourselves and let ourselves be molded by Him.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, I submit to You. I submit to Your ways.  Work in my life.  Shape me into Your design for my life.  Continue to work on me on the potter’s wheel.  Help me to remain teachable, moldable, and shapable.  May my prayer always be, Your kingdom come and Your will be done.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment