Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Life-giving Words

Scripture:

“Nothing is more appealing than speaking beautiful, life-giving words. For they release sweetness to our souls and inner healing to our spirits.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭16:24‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

Here, we are told that life-giving words are more appealing than anything else and that they release sweetness an dinner healing to the spirit.  Life-giving words are powerful and produce greater results than destructive words.  Words are powerful and will make or break people’s lives.  Our words reflect what is in our hearts, therefore our words need to be well-chosen.

Application:

I need to watch the words of my mouth and make sure they are life-giving and edifying.  In a place of  leadership, I know my words have strong impact on people’s lives.  I know that when I speak, I also represent the Lord as His ambassador.  Therefore, I need to be speaking what He is speaking and refrain from adding my own feelings.  I want to bring sweetness to souls and inner-healing to spirits.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to use my words with wisdom.  Let my words reflect Your heart.  Help me to be a fountain of life-giving words and to release sweetness and healing.  Teach me to guard my tongue and let it be used for Your glory and to bring about Your will in those I speak to.  Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be holy and acceptable in Your sight.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment