Saturday, September 14, 2019

Live What You Preach

Scripture:

“Give careful attention to your spiritual life and every cherished truth you teach, for living what you preach will then release even more abundant life inside you and to all those who listen to you.”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭4:16‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

Paul tells Timothy here that he should give careful attention to his spiritual life and what he teaches.  He finishes with a promise of what happens when a minister does.  Paul says, “living what you preach will then release even more abundant life inside you and to all those who listen to you.”  There are powerful words.

Application:

Living what you preach releases more abundant life in you and in those who listen to you.  I want LIFE to flow when I speak.  I want the life of God to flow in powerful ways and for people to receive what is spoken.  I want my life to speak louder than my sermons, which will release abundant life.  Ministry can be draining and I want to walk in step with the Holy Spirit at all times and remain refreshed.

Prayer:

Lord, let me live out every message I preach.  Let Your word convict me daily and let my life be an example of my preaching.  Release Your abundant life in me as an example for others.  Let me live refreshed and full of Your Zoe life.  Let those who hear my preaching also receive and walk in step with You and be full of Zoe life.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment