Thursday, August 31, 2023

Purify My Heart

 Scripture:

“Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.” ‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭4‬:‭23‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Solomon writes here that we should guard our heart above everything else because it determines the course of our lives. We tend to follow our heart in most things. When our heart is wounded, hurt, or unguarded, we are susceptible to attacks. We want our heart pure and free from unforgiveness, pain, etc. Ultimately, God determines the course of our lives, but we follow our heart, which hopefully is led by His Spirit.

Application:

Jesus spoke much about the heart. He said that it is out of the heart that sin comes. We must continually walk before the Lord asking Him purify our hearts. Many years ago, the songs of the church spoke a lot about God purifying our hearts and cleansing our thoughts. We need to do whatever it takes to pursue a clean, pure, heart because it will determine where we end up. Seeking God must be number one priority, then allowing Him to purify our heart, must be sought.

Prayer:

Father, purify my heart. Cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Let my intentions be pure and let my walk with You be in step. Help me to guard my heart. Help me to stay alert to the plans of the enemy to get my heart out of alignment. Teach me to guard my heart.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment