Wednesday, August 30, 2023

No More Gaps

 Scripture:

“Night and day we pray earnestly for you, asking God to let us see you again to fill the gaps in your faith.”‭‭1 Thessalonians‬ ‭3‬:‭10‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Paul is writing to the Thessalonians here and tells them he prays for them earnestly, asking God to let him see them again so he can, “fill the gaps in your faith.” Paul wanted to see the Thessalonians be well-grounded in their faith and not to have any gaps in it. Apparently, one can have gaps in their faith.

Application:

I don’t want any gaps in my faith. I want to have an answer for the hope that is within me whenever asked.  I don’t want to be strong in faith in one area, but weak in another. I want my faith to be strong and have no gaps. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word. I need to be in God’s word more and more so there will be no gaps in my faith. I long for a strong, well-balanced faith that honors God and that God honors.

Prayer:

Father, fill in the gaps in my faith. Help me to walk in step with You at all times and to know what to do in every situation. I need You Lord. Teach me to live by faith and not by sight. My hope and my help are in You and You alone. Help me to honor You with my faith and let my faith have no gaps, but be well-rounded and strong. I don’t want any weak areas in my life.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment