Friday, August 18, 2023

Light and Joy

 Scripture:

"Light shines on the godly, and joy on those whose hearts are right." Psalm 97:11

Observation:

The Psalmist makes a declaration here and tells us that light shines on the godly. He also says that joy is on those whose hearts are right. Light and joy should reflect from our lives when we are walking in godliness.

Application:

When people look at my life, do they see light and joy, or darkness and misery? Am I shining the light of Christ and living in the joy of the Lord, or am I negative all the time? In the past, joy was the most common description of my life. I need to get my joy back and light up the room with the glory of God. I want to live a life that makes serving God look awesome!

Prayer:

Father, fill my life with lightness and joy. Walk with me and talk with me. Help me to check my attitude and live a life that brightens people's day. Help me to bring joy into every situation. You are my joy and my light. Fill me with more and more of You each day. Let me walk in Your goodness and grace every day.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment