Monday, August 7, 2023

Lifted and Steadied

 Scripture:

“He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along.”  ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭40‬:‭2‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

David loved the Lord with all his heart. He gave God credit for all his victories and triumphs. He says here that it was God who lifted him from the pit of despair, the mud and the mire. He say God set his feet on solid ground and steadied him as he walked along. David knew he couldn’t walk straight without the Lord and he gave God the glory for pulling him out of despair. God pulls His people from pits of despair, from the mud and the mire.

Application:

Self-help and self-care is promoted quite a bit today, but if you really want out of the pit of despair, it is going to come through God Almighty. He is the one who can lift us up and get us out of the mud and mire of life. Sometimes we get bogged down in life and need someone to steady us. God wants to be that someone in our lives. When we cry out to Him, He steadies us, and lifts us out of despair. We can’t lift ourselves sometimes, we need God.

Prayer:

Lord, when I get down, help me to focus on You and Your power. Thank You for always lifting me up and giving me strength. It is You who elevates me above the despair of life. You are the one who steadies me when I feel like everything is collapsing around me. You are my rock and my security. You are my foundation and the lifter of my head. You, and not me, can pull me up when I am down.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment