Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Two Dimensions at Once

Scripture:

"And so I walk in the Lord's presence as I live here on earth." Psalm 116:9 NLT

Observation:

The Psalmist says here that God had saved him many times in the past, then follows it up by saying, "and so I walk in the Lord's presence as I live here on earth." This is a powerful thought! We can walk in the presence of God and on the earth at the same time. Paul said we are seated with Christ in heavenly places, yet we are here on earth living out our lives. We are actually living in two dimensions at once.

Application:

Sometimes sci-fi movies show two dimensions or realities. They show going through a portal of some kind and stepping into another dimension. As a believer, I am actually living in two dimensions at once. I am operating in two realities, two kingdoms, at the same time. I can be in the presence of the Lord and the presence of my enemies at the same time. My job is to live on this earth while living in the heavenly realm and to pray, Thy Kingdom come and Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

Prayer:

Father, help me to live out my life in both dimensions simultaneously. I want Your kingdom to come and Your will to be done on earth as it is in heaven. Help me to live "seated with Christ in heavenly places." yet manifesting that here on earth. Teach me to walk this out daily. 

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment