Wednesday, August 2, 2023

My Fortress

 Scripture:

“The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.”  ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭18‬:‭2‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist here speaks of the Lord being his protection, fortress, savior, etc. David understood that, though he was a king and had a mighty army, they were powerless unless God protected them. His trust was not in his army, but in his God. He realized that he could have the best armed guards protecting him, but it was really the Lord who kept him safe. He knew where the credit was due.

Application:

We can trust ourselves, our plans, our people, our own thoughts, or we can trust God. A wise person realizes they don’t have what it takes and doesn’t lean on their own strength, but on the strength of the Lord. We must learnt that God can take better care of us than we can. We must learn to put our trust in Him more and more each day.

Prayer:

Father, You have rescued me over and over again. Help me to give your praise and credit for all You have done for me. Help me not to take glory for the work of Your hands. Everything I have is from You. Everything I am is from You. My very life is from You. Without You, I am helpless and hopeless. I need You like I need air to breathe. You are my everything and I thank You for always leading me, guiding me, and fighting my battles. You are amazing!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment