Monday, August 21, 2023

Stay Hungry. Stay Thirsty

 Scripture:

"For He satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things." Psalm 107:9

Observation:

The Psalmist depicts God here as one who satisfies the thirsty and gives good things to the hungry. Jesus said that those who hunger and thirst for righteousness would be filled. God satisfies and fills those who cry out to Him in hunger and thirst for Him.

Application:

When a baby is hungry or thirsty, it cries until someone feeds it. When an adult is hungry or thirsty, they feed themselves. Jesus said we must enter the Kingdom of Heaven like a child. I believe God is looking for those who are passionately crying out to Him desiring to know Him more and to be filled with His presence and power. I never want to be satisfied in my relationship with the Lord, I want to remain hungry and thirsty for more of Him in my life. Hunger and thirst motivate action. They cause you to do something to get food. I want my hunger and thirst for God to motivate action in my life through increased prayer, fasting, and seeking His face.

Prayer:

Father, I want to remain hungry and thirsty for You all the days of my life. I want more of You in my life. Fill me with Your Spirit and create in me a heart that longs for You. Baptize me, overwhelm me, with Your presence and power. You are my heart's desire!

I Love You Lord,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment