Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Words on Fire

 Scripture:

“I am the Lord God All-Powerful. Jeremiah, I will tell you exactly what to say. Your words will be a fire; Israel and Judah will be the fuel.”  ‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭5:14‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

God speaks here to Jeremiah and tells him that He is the Lord God All-Powerful and He will tell Jeremiah exactly what to say. When Jeremiah prophesied, he was communicating exactly what the Lord was saying. He went on to say that Jeremiah’s words would be a fire and Israel and Judah would be the fuel for the fire. 

Application:

Although the messages God gave Jeremiah were difficult, he was able to speak EXACTLY what the Lord wanted to say. It seems to me that the Old Testament prophets heard the word of the Lord extremely clearly and spoke what He was saying. I long for the type of relationship with God where I can communicate EXACTLY what He wants to say, nothing more and nothing less. I want to speak on His behalf.

Prayer:

Father, open my ears so I can hear what You want to speak. When people hear me, let them hear You clearly. I want to represent You well. Therefore, I need to hear Your voice with absolute clarity. Teach me to hear so I can communicate well. I don’t want to just preach good sermons, I want to speak Your words. Let Your words be on my lips and help me communication Your words and Your will to Your people.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment