Monday, October 10, 2022

Rebellion Never Wins

 Scripture:

“The Lord said to Israel: You accuse me of not saving you, but I say you have rebelled.” ‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭2:29‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Jeremiah is prophesying to Israel in this passage. God told him when he was called by God, that he was going to have to be strong in order to communicate the Word of the Lord. He was being sent to give a word that would be greatly rejected because people didn’t want to hear it. Here, He tells Israel that they accuse God of not saving them, but the Lord says back to them, “you have rebelled.” In other words, you want me to save you, but you have rebelled against me.

Application:

Sometimes in our lives we accuse God of not rescuing us from certain situations, but He says to us, “you have rebelled.” When God doesn’t do what we want Him to, we get frustrated, but we want grace we don’t come through on our promises. God wants us to check our hearts and see if there is any rebellion or selfishness. Before coming to the Lord and asking Him to rescue us, we need to make sure we are walking in obedience in all areas.

Prayer:

Father, You are good and Your mercies endure forever. You are faithful and I appreciate You with all my heart. Help me to never walk in rebellion to You and what You want me to do with my life. Open doors for me to walk through. Show me exactly what You want and give me the strength to say “yes”. My life is Yours. Help me to walk in obedience at all times and to lift up Your name in all the earth.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment