Friday, October 7, 2022

The Clay

 Scripture:

“You, Lord, are our Father. We are nothing but clay, but you are the potter who molded us.” ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭64:8‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Here we see God referred to as Father, then the prophet says we are nothing but clay. He continues that God is the potter. In other words, God is shaping and forming us all the time. He continues to work on us.

Application:

When we see ourselves as the clay and God as the potter, it gives us a beautiful perspective. Clay is passive in this situation. It has one job, remain pliable and allow the potter to do his work. It is the potter building what He desires, not us building our own desires. The vision of the finished product is in the hands of the potter. We must submit to the will of God at all times.

Prayer:

Dear Potter, work on my life. Reveal Your desires for me. Show me next steps and guide me daily. Help me to stay flexible and never get rigid. Teach me to respond appropriately when You apply pressure.  I want to be a vessel of honor in Your kingdom.

Love,

Clay

No comments:

Post a Comment