Monday, October 24, 2022

God’s Patient Restoration

 Scripture:

“Israel, don't be afraid. Someday I will bring you home from foreign lands. You and your descendants will live in peace and safety, with nothing to fear.” ‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭46‬:‭27‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Jeremiah, once again, has been blasting God’s people and the nations surrounding them with words of punishment for not following Him. Even in His punishment for their disobedience, you hear the heart of God coming through here. He tells Israel not to be afraid because someday they were coming home and their descendants will live in peace and safety. 

Application:

God’s punishment doesn’t last forever. He is a God of restoration. Even when we legitimately mess up, God is looking forward to our repentance because He wants to bless us, protect, us and bring us peace. Even in judgment, the heart of God is restoration. We should never take advantage of this aspect of God, but we should realize and honor Him for the incredible mercy and grace He has with us.

Prayer:

Father, You are faithful to Your people, even when You need to punish them. You never give up on us. You have been patient with me and merciful to me when I didn’t deserve it. Help me to walk in confidence that Your plans for my life will come to pass as I continue to follow You. Bless our team in Bolivia. Bless my family today. Bless the church I and enable me to pastor it well. Let strong disciples come from that place.

Yours Son Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment