Friday, October 28, 2022

False and True Prophets

 Scripture:

“Your prophets deceived you with false visions and lying messages— they should have warned you to leave your sins and be saved from disaster.”  ‭‭Lamentations‬ ‭2‬:‭14‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Many of the Old Testament prophets were not accepted because they had strong messages telling Israel and Judah to turn away from their sins and repent. False prophets always were accepted because their message sounded and felt better. Here Jeremiah says that the false prophets deceived God’s people with false visions and lying messages when they should have been warning them to leave their sins and be saved.

Application:

False prophets were called out in the Old Testament for telling the people only what they wanted to hear instead of what God wanted them to say. We need to hear from God clearly before we communicate on His behalf. I don’t want to be a false prophet. I want to clearly communicate what God is saying to those under my care. I need to hone in on God’s voice, hear what He is saying, and communicate it accurately.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are high and lifted up. You are majestic and powerful. You are glorious and omnipotent. Your greatness can never be exceeded. Your love is unfathomable. Your faithfulness is unfailing forever and You are good! Help me to accurately speak on Your behalf. Help me not to sugarcoat what You are saying, but to declare clearly what You want to speak. I don’t want to tickle ears. I want to change the world.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment