Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Even in Punishment, God Reminds us of His Restoration

 Scripture:

“But I promise that someday I will bring your people back to their land.”  ‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭49‬:‭39‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

In this verse, God is speaking through Jeremiah to the nation of Elam, but these words could be said about each nation He pronounces judgment on. He always declares the terrible things that are going to happen to these nations surrounding Israel, then He ends with, “But I promise that someday, I will bring your people back to their land.” He doesn’t just promise His own people to bring them back, but He promises the surrounding nations He is punishing.

Application:

God promises, even His enemies, that He will bring them back after punishment. His goodness has no bounds and His faithfulness can be trusted. We must realize the incredible love and forgiveness of God Almighty. Even when we disappoint Him and do wrong, He always forgives and restores. He simply needs us to turn to Him. I don’t want to ever take advantage of God’s love and mercy. I want to live for Him completely and fulfill His will all the days of my life.

Prayer:

Father, You are amazing and I love You with all my heart. Thank You for always bringing people back and restoring them. Thank You for being with us on this trip to Bolivia. Bring us home safely today and let us continue to shine for You. My life is Yours, Lord, do with it what You want. I want to walk in obedience to You all the days of my life. 

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment