Saturday, October 15, 2022

Strength to Endure

 Scripture:

“because I am making you strong, like a bronze wall. They are evil and violent, but when they attack, I will be there to rescue you. I, the Lord, have spoken.”  ‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭15:20-21‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

God speaks here to Jeremiah, who was getting afraid for his life because they wanted to kill him because of the message the Lord gave him. God didn’t tell Jeremiah He was going to make them stop, He told Jeremiah He was going to make him strong, and “when they attack” He will be there with Jeremiah. God didn’t ease off the message Jeremiah was to preach, He just told him that he would be strong and the the Lord would be with him through the attacks of those who want to take his life.

Application:

We always want God to take the bad situations away and protect us from anything negative. Sometimes God’s answer is “I will be with You” when it gets really bad or, “I’ll make you strong”. We tend to think today that if we have faith, nothing will ever go wrong and no pain will come into our lives. In reality, God didn’t promise no pain, He promised to be with us and strengthen us. Sometimes he removes the pain from us. Sometimes He removes us from the pain. Sometimes He gives us strength to endure.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to trust You when I don’t see You doing what I want You to do. I know I often think about what You could do better in my life. Help me to trust You more and more each day. I want to know You in the fellowship of Your suffering and the power of Your resurrection. Let me be attuned to You to know what to be praying each day. As political unrest happens in Bolivia, give me clear direction for our team. Show me what to do Lord.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment