Monday, October 3, 2022

A Light for Other Nations

 Scripture:

“Now the Lord says to me, “It isn't enough for you to be merely my servant. You must do more than lead back survivors from the tribes of Israel. I have placed you here as a light for other nations; you must take my saving power to everyone on earth.””  ‭Isaiah‬ ‭49:6‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

God is speaking to Isaiah here and telling him that it isn’t enough for him to be God’s servant. He was told it wasn’t enough for him to prophesy and get God’s people back to Israel. He was placed to be a light to other nations and he was to take God’s saving power to everyone on earth. This is a powerful calling from the Lord.

Application:

God has a way of opening our eyes and saying, “You’re doing a good job, but I have more planned for you than what you are currently doing.” I have been spoken to many times recently about beginning to travel more and more to the nations to be a light and to take God’s word there. It does seem He is opening more doors right now, but I have been nervous to step in completely. I don’t want to do anything He doesn’t want me to do either.

Prayer:

Father, my life is in Your hands. Speak clearly to me and I will follow. Open doors and I will walk through  them. I want to be a light to the nations and take your saving power to them as well. Show me the way. Show me how to organize things to be effective. Lead me and I will follow. I truly do want to make Your name great in all the earth.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment