Monday, October 17, 2022

Fire and Hammer

 Scripture:

“My words are a powerful fire; they are a hammer that shatters rocks.”  ‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭23‬:‭29‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

God is speaking in this passage to Jeremiah about false prophets. He says that false prophets were speaking out of their own minds and not speaking on His behalf. He told Jeremiah that their words were powerless, but that His words are a powerful fire and a hammer that shatters rocks. In other words, a real message from God is powerful.

Application:

When God really speaks through an individual, the words He speaks are a powerful fire and a hammer that shatters rock. When we speak a true prophetic word from the Lord, it has the power to destroy whatever is going on. It can burn or it can blast. A true word from the heart of God is incredibly powerful. We must seek the Lord until we have a message from the Lord.

Prayer:

Father, You are great and You are gracious. Let Your word be in my heart like a fire and a hammer. Let me not speak my own words, but truly words from Your heart. Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be holy and pleasing to You. Let my words be set on fire from heaven and smash the enemy’s plans like a hammer.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment