Saturday, October 22, 2022

God Takes Care of the Faithful

 Scripture:

“I was led away in chains along with the people of Judah and Jerusalem who were being taken to Babylonia. Nebuzaradan was the officer in charge of the guard, and while we were stopped at Ramah, the Lord caused him to set me free.”  Jeremiah‬ ‭40‬:‭1‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Jeremiah had prophesied for a long time to Judah. He had been imprisoned, gone hungry, and thrown in a well where he sunk into the mud because of his prophetic words concerning the destruction of Judah. At this point, the people of Judah were being led away in chains, just as he had prophesied, and the commander of the guard let him go free. Jeremiah attributed this to the Lord.

Application:

When you honestly and faithfully serve the Lord and speak what He says, He will make sure you are taken care of in the end. Jeremiah had to go through some extremely difficult things, but God always brought him through. He had to endure some bad stuff, but God always made a way of escape. Because Jeremiah was faithful in prophesying what the Lord had said, he didn’t have to suffer the same punishment as the rest of the people.

Prayer:

Lord God, help me to walk faithfully before You all the days of my life. Teach me to walk in Your ways and to hear Your voice. I’m listening Lord. Make Your will known. Show me what to speak, teach, preach, prophesy, and I will deliver Your words. I fear You more than I fear any other thing.

Forever Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment