Thursday, October 27, 2022

Faith and Love

 Scripture:

“Philemon, each time I mention you in my prayers, I thank God. I hear about your faith in our Lord Jesus and about your love for all God's people.”  ‭‭Philemon‬ ‭1‬:‭4‬-‭5‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Paul writes here concerning Philemon and his reputation. Paul remembers him well and thanks God for him. Paul apparently continued to hear of his faith and his love for all God’s people. Philemon had quite a reputation for serving God well in his generation. 

Application:

When people remember my life, I want them to remember my faith in God and love for God’s people. I want to live a life that honors God and blesses God’s people. I want to represent Him well in my generation. Loving God and loving people is the bottom line of the Gospel and the Kingdom. When we do that well, we are building God’s kingdom well.

Prayer:

Father, let my life bring Your praise, glory, and honor. Help me to live well and represent You well. Teach me to love You and love people well. Show me each day what You have for me. Open doors that need opened and close doors that need closed in my life. I am Yours.

Your Son,

Jeff

2 comments:

  1. Well said Pastor Jeff! I pray God would help me love Him and love on His people as well .

    ReplyDelete