Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Wise and Discerning

 Scripture:

“Who is wise? Let them realize these things. Who is discerning? Let them understand. The ways of the Lord are right; the righteous walk in them, but the rebellious stumble in them.” ‭‭Hosea‬ ‭14:9‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

After Hosea had cried out for his people to return to the Lord and serve Him, he finishes his words to the nation by saying that those who are righteous walk in the ways of the Lord and the rebellious stumble in them. He says the wise and discerning will understand that God’s ways are the right ways. 

Application:

Wise people are not the smartest people with all the degrees and accomplishments of this world, they are those who seek the Lord and delight in Him. Discerning people understand the world around them and they understand the things of God. I want to be wise and discerning concerning the things that go on around me.  I want to be a leader who leads with wisdom and discernment. I want to know the ways of the Lord.

Prayer:

Father, teach me Your ways. Help me to walk with the wise and discerning. Let my discernment level increase, especially in these last days. Show me truth and make me ready to receive it. Teach me at a deeper level than I’ve known in the past. Help me to represent You well in my generation.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment