Thursday, December 9, 2021

Full Reward

 Scripture:

“Watch out that you do not lose what we have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully.” ‭‭2 John‬ ‭1:8‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

John tells the Church to watch out not to lose what she had worked for. His desire was to see them fully rewarded. Apparently, from this verse, it is possible to lose what you have worked for in the Kingdom. Being fully rewarded means that there are partial rewards, or lesser rewards. It’s sad, but many have lived their lives and worked hard for the Lord, but in the end messed up and didn’t finish well.

Application:

God does reward our behavior and faith as a believer. We must watch over all we have worked for and stay in step with the Spirit at all times so we don’t lose our reward. We want our end game to be strong and to finish well in this life. I have given my life to the extension of God’s Kingdom on this earth. It would be terrible not to be fully rewarded because I messed up at the end. 

Prayer:

Father, help me to finish stronger than I started. I never want to lose my reward. Teach me to walk in step with Your Spirit and to never take a step out of Your will. Help me to be led by Your Spirit and not do what I want to do. I want my full reward. Thank You for leading me thus far. Thank You for blessing my life in so many beautiful ways. You are amazing!

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment