Monday, December 6, 2021

God Raises Up Whoever He Wants and Can Trust

 Scripture:

“The words of Amos, one of the shepherds of Tekoa—the vision he saw concerning Israel two years before the earthquake, when Uzziah was king of Judah and Jeroboam son of Jehoash was king of Israel.”‭‭Amos‬ ‭1:1‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

As Amos opens up, we get a quick description of this prophet. It simply says he was one of the shepherds of Tekoa. It then gives a timeline to when he prophesied and we realize that he had a vision about Israel two year before an earthquake. It doesn’t appear that he was part of the school of the prophets or had studied deeply. He was one of the shepherds.

Application:

When God has a word to deliver, He doesn’t look for the best, most professional, most well-trained, or the one with the biggest following. He chooses someone He knows He can trust to deliver whatever word He wants to be delivered. God doesn’t call the qualified, but He qualifies the called.  We need to look, not as much at people’s credentials, but their obedience and their heart.

Prayer:

Father, You are amazing and I love You with all my heart. Help me to identify and release those around me and under my leadership that are faithful, reliable, and have the right hearts. Help me not to lean on my own understanding, but to follow Your voice and take the steps You want me to take. ore than anything, I want to walk in step with You.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment