Sunday, December 12, 2021

Micah’s Purpose for Power

 Scripture:

“But as for me, I am filled with power, with the Spirit of the Lord, and with justice and might, to declare to Jacob his transgression, to Israel his sin.” ‭‭Micah‬ ‭3:8‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Micah speaks here and tells God’s people that he is filled with power, not to do signs and wonders, not to heal the sick or raise the dead. He says he is filled with power to declare to Jacob and Israel their sins. Micah was empowered by God to declare hard things that nobody wanted to hear. His following was most likely pretty small with a message like his, but he was faithful and empowered to do what God called him to do.

Application:

It is easy to ask God for His power to flow through our lives, but we always tend to align that with healing, miracles, signs and wonders. We tend to think only of His power to do great things, but what if sometimes He wants to empower us to do unpopular things? What is sometimes He wants to empower us to confront people’s sins? Are we willing to do whatever He calls us to do? That’s the question this morning.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, empower my life to fulfill Your purposes. Help me to be faithful to declare the fulness of Your word. Teach me to live how You want me to live. I want to be in the center of Your will at all times. I long to walk with You and convey Your message to the world. Empower me to do it, and let my ears be open to know what You are speaking.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment