Saturday, December 25, 2021

Return To Me

 Scripture:

“Therefore tell the people: This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘Return to me,’ declares the Lord Almighty, ‘and I will return to you,’ says the Lord Almighty.” ‭‭Zechariah‬ ‭1:3‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Zechariah was prophesying to a people who had been in captivity for seventy years because of their disobedience. The Lord speaks up and tells them to return to Him and He will return to them. They knew that when God is on Your side, everything is going to work well with you and you will see great success. 

Application:

All the people of Judah had to do was to return to the Lord and He promised to return to them. When God is with you, you enemies will flee. When God is on your side, there is nothing that can come against you. Our goal should be to never walk away from God in any area, but to live as He wants us to at all times. If God is for us, who can be against us? When we position ourselves on God’s side, He fights our battles and defends our cause. We must align with Him though, and not Him aligning with us. It is our job to return to Him, then His part is to return to us. He waits for us to make the first move.

Prayer:

Lord, let me never stray away from You and Your plans for my life. Help me to walk in obedience to You in all things. Teach me Your ways and let me learn Your paths. Help me to live a life You can bless and prosper. I long to be one with You and to reflect Your glory to the world.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment