Monday, December 27, 2021

His People

 Scripture:

“This is what the Lord Almighty says: “I will save my people from the countries of the east and the west. I will bring them back to live in Jerusalem; they will be my people, and I will be faithful and righteous to them as their God.”” ‭‭Zechariah‬ ‭8:7-8‬ ‭NIV‬

Observation:

Even after God’s judgment came on His people and He had them overthrown by surrounding nations, His passion for them never died. After a season, He said He was going to save his people from the countries they had been exiled to and bring them back to Jerusalem. There He would be show them His faithfulness and righteousness.

Application:

When God disciplines His people, it is for the purpose of bringing them back to Him. His desire is never to wipe them out completely, but to discipline them and help them to see the error of their ways. We must realize that God’s desire for us is to bless us with His faithfulness and His righteousness. Even when we are being disciplined, it is for the purpose of bringing us back so he can bless us and prosper us. His bottom line is that He wants to be out God and wants us to be His people. 

Prayer:

Father, I want You to be my God and I want to be completely Yours. I want to serve You well in my generation. You are my Lord and I love You with all my heart. You are amazing! You are my life and my joy. Thank You for loving me, caring for me, and for providing for me. Every good thing I have in my life is because of You. You are my everything!

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment