Thursday, December 2, 2021

Slaves Preaching Freedom

 Scripture:

“They promise them freedom, while they themselves are slaves of depravity—for “people are slaves to whatever has mastered them.”” ‭‭2 Peter‬ ‭2:19‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Peter, in this passage, is calling out the false prophets of his day. He says they are slaves of depravity while promising freedom because people are slaves to whatever has mastered them. In Christ we are free from all slavery and nothing should be able to master us, but we allow ourselves to be mastered by so many things around us. Paul says we should be mastered only by the master.

Application:

What things are in my life that I need to have control over? What areas of my life am I in bondage to? Before preaching freedom to others, I need to make sure I’m truly free in Christ. We can’t preach freedom while we are in slavery ourselves. We need to seek the Lord and ask Him to set us free and then walk in His freedom so we can preach confidently and passionately.

Prayer:

Father, help me to win the battles in my life where I am in bondage. Help me to make better decisions about what I allow to enter my body. Help me to lose weight and get in better shape. Let nothing be my master but You. I don’t want to be a slave preaching freedom. I want to be a free man liberating others from the slavery of the enemy.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment