Friday, December 3, 2021

Rend Your Hearts

 Scripture:

“Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the Lord your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity.” ‭‭Joel‬ ‭2:13‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

God speaks here through Joel about the locust army He has sent on the land. He is giving His people they way to stop the plague that was coming on His people from His own hand. The answer: “Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the Lord your God.” He goes on to speak about how God is gracious and compassionate, slow the anger, abounding in love and how He relents from sending calamity. 

Application:

When problem arise around us over which we have no control, we must look to the Lord. We must search our hearts and see if there is anything unclean in them. We must return to the Lord with all our hearts in repentance and humility before Him. When God sees these things in us, He is faithful and just to forgive and restore. When we rend our hearts before Him, He will move heaven and earth to turn our situation around.  We must not run from God when we have done wrong, but run to Him.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are awesome in power and righteous are Your ways. You are incredible and I worship You and You alone. Help me to know You more and more each day. Show me Your truths and lead me in the paths of righteousness. Let my heart always be in right relationship with You. You are my king and the Lord of my life. Live in me and through me I pray.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment