Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Seek God and Live!

 Scripture:

“This is what the Lord says to Israel: “Seek me and live;” ‭‭Amos‬ ‭5:4‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Amos tells Israel not to seek the gods of other countries, but to seek the Lord. He lets them know that there is life in seeking God. At the same time, there is death in serving other gods.

Application:

Life comes from seeking God. He infuses His life into our lives and we become strong when we seek Him. When we stray away and start operating independently of God, He is not pleased and will allow things in our lives to turn us back to Him. The answer for us is to seek God continually. As we seek Him, we receive life and not death. We receive joy and not sorrow. As for me, I choose life!

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are worthy of everything I could ever give You or do for You. Let me always be a God-seeker. Help me to never tire of seeking Your face, Your will, Your desires. Let me stay humble and stay hungry for You to move in my life. 

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment