Friday, December 24, 2021

Be Strong and Work… I Am With You

 Scripture:

“But now be strong, Zerubbabel,’ declares the Lord. ‘Be strong, Joshua son of Jozadak, the high priest. Be strong, all you people of the land,’ declares the Lord, ‘and work. For I am with you,’ declares the Lord Almighty.” ‭‭Haggai‬ ‭2:4‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

God speaks through Haggai about rebuilding the Lord’s house which was in ruins while the people built their own homes. Zerubbabel and Joshua got this word from Haggai, “Be strong…and wok. For I am with you.” Zerubbabel and Joshua were about to start rebuilding a destroyed Temple whose glory was going to be greater than it was before exile. God didn’t tell them He would do all the work. He told them to be strong and work because He was with them.

Application:

When God is with you, you can be strong and work hard to accomplish incredible things. If you do it in your own power, it will deplete you. The greatest words one can ever hear when they are embarking on a project are the words, “I am with you.” When you hear that from the Lord, you know everything is going to work out. On this Christmas Eve, we look at Emmanuel, “God with us” coming to this earth. In our day, God is with us, therefore nothing should be able to stand against us. 

Prayer:

Father, there is nothing I desire more than knowing that You are with me. When You are with me, no enemy can come against me. When You are with me, everything in my hand will prosper. You are my everything and I long to walk with You and in step with You. I long to accomplish Your will in the earth. My life is Yours. Give me the strength to work hard, but more than anything, be WITH me in all I do.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment