Thursday, December 30, 2021

What God is Looking For

 Scripture:

““My covenant was with him, a covenant of life and peace, and I gave them to him; this called for reverence and he revered me and stood in awe of my name. True instruction was in his mouth and nothing false was found on his lips. He walked with me in peace and uprightness, and turned many from sin.” ‭‭Malachi‬ ‭2:5-6‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, God is speaking to His priests and letting them know He is not happy with them offering defiled offerings and sheep that are not good. He tells them why Levi was blessed and served the Lord with favor and blessing. He says Levi had a covenant of life and peace, which required reverence and awe of God. He was not false in any way. He walked in peace and uprightness and turned many from sin. God blessed Levi because Levi walked with God and obeyed his covenant.

Application:

Although Jesus brought a New Covenant, which is a covenant of grace, I believe God is still looking for those who will serve Him faithfully and who walk in fear and reverence of Him. He is looking for those who ill speak true instruction and not just what fill fill seats and make people feel good. I believe God is looking in our day for those who are pure in heart and turn people from sin. I want to be that person in this generation. 

Prayer:

Father, I want to be the person You are looking for who You can bless and prosper. I long to fulfill Your will and to extend Your kingdom. Empower me to fulfill everything You have called me to do. Teach me to submit to Your will and not live just to satisfy my flesh. I want to be completely Yours in these last days. Let my life be consecrated more and more to You.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment