Saturday, December 11, 2021

God’s Concern

 Scripture:

“And should I not have concern for the great city of Nineveh, in which there are more than a hundred and twenty thousand people who cannot tell their right hand from their left—and also many animals?”” ‭‭Jonah‬ ‭4:11‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, Jonah was complaining about Gods saving the people of Nineveh and also complaining about a plant that God made to give him shade overnight and then it withered overnight. God doesn’t like it when we complain and murder about what He is doing. Rather, He wants us to get on his agenda and do what He wants us to do. Jonah learned this lesson.

Application:

God doesn’t like it when we complain. He can have mercy on whoever He wants to have mercy and can send us wherever he wants us to go. His will and His desires take precedence over what we want or what we think. Like Jonah, sometimes we are more concerned about our own safety and welfare than the souls God is sending us to. God sometimes sends us into unique situations to declare His truth. This evening I get to preach a Christmas message at the Pakistani Embassy in Washington DC. I need to be concerned with what God is concerned with.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, help me to always be concerned with what You are concerned with. Teach me to follow You well all the days of my life. Let me never miss an opportunity to advance or extend Your kingdom because of my personal feelings, desires, etc.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment