Monday, October 18, 2021

When God Relents

 Scripture:

“Now reform your ways and your actions and obey the Lord your God. Then the Lord will relent and not bring the disaster he has pronounced against you.”  ‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭26:13‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Judah has been walking away from God and His ways. Jeremiah and others had been calling them out and telling them. To repent or tragedy would come from God. Here God tells them if they will reform their ways and actions, that God will relent of what He had planned. 

Application:

Prophetic words are always conditional with God. If he prophesies that we are going to go through hard times, if we repent, He will change that outcome. His heart is for us to change. When we change, our outcomes will also change. God cannot help but know what we will do, but He doesn’t control it. He tells us where our actions will lead, then tells us to turn. If we turn, He cancels the bad things He had in store. His job is to convict, our job is to repent.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, I want to live a life that You can bless. I don’t want to be a rebellious child, but one that listens the first time when You speak. Teach me to follow Yours ways.  Show me the path each and every day and help me to stay on it. When I mess up, warn me and I will repent. 

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment