Thursday, October 28, 2021

Hope in God and Wait Patiently for Him

 Scripture:

“The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.” ‭‭Lamentations‬ ‭3:25-26‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

The Book of Lamentations is a book of laments that Jeremiah cried out to the Lord because his people were taken away to Babylon. God had empowered the Babylonians to come and capture His people and to empty Jerusalem of its treasure. In this verse Jeremiah comes back to the goodness of the Lord and tells us that God is good to those whose hope is in Him and to the one who seeks him.

Application:

Even in punishment and struggles, God is good to those who seek Him and whose hope is in Him. He is always compassionate on those who turn to Him in their struggles. No matter how bad it gets, He always hears a repentant heart. We are to wait quietly for His salvation and to put our hope and trust in Him. As we do that, He will rescue us every time.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to wait upon You patiently. Teach me to represent You fully and completely. Show me how to keep my hope alive, even when things look really bad around me. Show me each day the steps You want me to take. Open the right doors and close the wrong doors in my life. I want to be in the center of Your will at all times.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment