Thursday, October 14, 2021

Prophesying Lies

 Scripture:

“Then the Lord said to me, “The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I have not sent them or appointed them or spoken to them. They are prophesying to you false visions, divinations, idolatries and the delusions of their own minds.” ‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭14:14‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Jeremiah hears from the Lord about the prophets who are prophesying what the people want to hear instead of what the Lord is truly saying. God says that these prophets were not sent by Him and that they are prophesying false visions, divination, idolatries, and delusions of their own minds. He goes on and says these same prophets will die by the same things they are saying won’t happen. God doesn’t like when His people put words in His mouth and say it is Him.

Application:

We need to be very cautious when we speak on God’s behalf. God doesn’t take it lightly when He is falsely represented. We must seek the Lord and honestly hear from Him or be silent. To speak on His behalf when He hasn’t spoken is dangerous territory. Of course His word never changes and we are safe when we are rightly preaching the Bible, but when we step into prophesies not in the Scripture, we must know we are hearing from the Lord.

Prayer:

Father, help me to accurately represent You at all times. Help me to hear Your voice clearly and convey Your message appropriately. I love to speak prophetically, but I don’t want to do it out of my own flesh or my own thoughts. Thank You for the incredible gifts of the Spirit. Help me to walk in them well and to say what You are saying. I don’t want to prophesy lies.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment