Friday, October 22, 2021

Obey the Lord

 Scripture:

““They will not hand you over,” Jeremiah replied. “Obey the Lord by doing what I tell you. Then it will go well with you, and your life will be spared.”‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭38:20‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Jeremiah is having a conversation with the king about the Babylonians coming against them. He told the king that if he would obey the Lord, by doing what he told him to do, it would be well for him and his life would be spared. If he didn’t do what Jeremiah was saying, his life was in grave danger. Jeremiah knew he was speaking on the Lord’s behalf and that obedience was the only answer.

Application:

Obedience is the only answer. When we obey the Lord, we can expect Him to fight our battles and take care of us. When we refuse to listen to His voice and do only what we want to do instead of seeking His will, we will always make a mess of things. God still speaks and we must listen for His voice, As we respond and obey His voice, it will go well for us.

Prayer:

Lord God, help me to follow Your voice and to do what You tell me to do. Thank You for leading me daily. I want to be a vessel in Your hands that You can use for Your purposes in the earth. I offer you my life. Lead me, guide me, and show me the path I should take at all times. I simply want to obey You completely.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment