Thursday, October 7, 2021

WAIT

Scripture:

 “Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for him.” ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭64:4‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Isaiah speaks here about God. He says that no one has seen or heard any God besides Yahweh. In other words, there are no other gods in the earth.  All other gods are the work of men. Men are the work of our God. He completes the statement with the words, “who acts on behalf of those who wait for him.”

Application:

Our God is all-powerful and the creator of everything around us. He is not only all-powerful, but all-knowing. He knows all of us and the number of hairs on our head. He allowed the author to describe Him as the God who ACTS on behalf of those who WAIT for Him. My job is to wait. Rather than taking things into my own hands when they don’t happen fast enough, my place is to wait on God.  Waiting doesn’t imply doing nothing, rather, it implies waiting in faith, trusting God to act.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are all-powerful and all-knowing. You are worthy of all my praise! Teach me to wait and be patient with You. I know I tend to be impatient and I ask You to help me to wait on You for the things I know You will do eventually.  Enable me to wait well for Your timing in each situation.  Help me to never go ahead of You because I want to see things happen, but to wait on You and Your timing in all things. You have been amazing to me! Help me to live for You well and represent you well to those around me.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment