Saturday, October 23, 2021

Mouth Obedience or Life Obedience?

 Scripture:

“Whether it is favorable or unfavorable, we will obey the Lord our God, to whom we are sending you, so that it will go well with us, for we will obey the Lord our God.”” ‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭42:6‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Jeremiah was told by a group of people to go and get the word of the Lord because they were ready and willing to obey His word. They knew that obedience would bring blessing.  They said with their mouths that they would follow whatever the Lord spoke through Jeremiah, but when it actually happened, they didn’t obey.

Application:

I call these guys mouth obedience people. They say with their mouths that they will obey whatever the Lord says, but when it comes to actually doing it, things change. We must never be people who obey with their mouths, but not their lives. It is better not to make an oath than to make one we are not going to keep.  God would rather have us actually obey Him resistantly than to say we will obey and then not do it. 

Prayer:

Father, help me not to be a lipservice person, but to obey You in all things. Teach me to not say yes and then change my mind. Empower me to live the life You desire for me. I am Yours. I belong to You. Lead me. Guide me. Show me the way forward and give me the power to always say yes with my words and with my life.  Forgive me for the times I have said yes to You and then not come through.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment