Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Access to Healing and Glory

 Scripture:

“Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard.”  ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭58:8‬ ‭NIV‬

Observation:

Isaiah says here that “then” your light will break forth, your healing will quickly appear, your righteousness will go before you, and God’s glory will guard you from the rear. The question is “when is then?” Then, in the context is when we walk in righteousness, justice, and keeping our tongue from destroying others. When we do our part in helping bring justice, God will help us, heal us, and surround us. 

Application:

We need to be involved in more taking care of the poor, helping those in need, and bringing real deliverance to those in bondage. This passage tells us that when we do that, we will see the glory of God and God will take care of us. When we take care of those who can’t take care of themselves, God takes care of us.

Prayer:

Lord, show me each day how to live in your Kingdom. Let my life be a resource for others. Help me to live out this verse today. Let my eyes be open to the needs of those around me. Help me to see through Your eyes what needs to be done.  Help me to represent You well in my generation.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment