Monday, October 25, 2021

Restoration in Punishment

 Scripture:

“I will set my throne in Elam and destroy her king and officials,” declares the Lord. “Yet I will restore the fortunes of Elam in days to come,” declares the Lord.” ‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭49:38-39‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

These two chapters in Jeremiah speak about the destruction of Amon, Edom, Damascus, etc. but at the end of each judgment that is pronounced on them, something similar to the above is spoken.  God says to them, “I’m going to judge you because of what you have done, “Yet I will restore the fortunes of Elam in days to come.” God always follows judgment with blessing.

Application:

The heart of God is to bless the nations. He desires that all come to Him and follow Him.  When they don’t, He will bring judgment, but after judgment He always pronounces blessing. God will allow hard things in our lives because of disobedience, but His heart is always to cause us to repent so He can bless us again. He loves to bless His people, but needs us in repentance and humility so He can do it. 

Prayer:

Lord, I want to live in Your blessing and see the day of good things. Thank You for Your incredible blessing in my life. You are amazing and I love serving You. Help me to walk in obedience to You at all times and to be a pleasure to You through my life. Help me to serve You well and to represent you correctly. Let my heart be on fire for You all the days of my life.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment