Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Double Portion

 Scripture:

“Instead of your shame you will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace you will rejoice in your inheritance. And so you will inherit a double portion in your land, and everlasting joy will be yours.”‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭61:7‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, Isaiah tells us that instead of shame, we will get a double portion.  He says as well that we will inherit a double portion in our land. Double portion, biblically, is the portion given to the eldest son.  He received double the inheritance that the other children received in Bible days. The firstborn was special and received double, just for being born first. I’m sure this caused a lot of hard feelings among siblings.

Application:

When we pray for a double portion, we are actually praying for the eldest son’s inheritance. What we are saying is that we want to be God’s special firstborn children who receive double what everyone else gets. I am just glad to be called a son of God. I don’t need special recognition for being eldest.  I love that my Father blesses my life and makes me want to serve Him more and more. I love just being part of the family and I’m content wherever He says go and doing whatever He says do.

Prayer:

Father, I’m must glad to be in the family. You don’t have to treat me special because I don’t deserve it. You have blessed my life exceedingly through the years and I am so thankful. You have enlarged my territory and blessed me over and over again. I’m just here this morning to say thank You for all You d o in my life.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment