Saturday, October 9, 2021

Productive Lives

 Scripture:

“Our people must learn to devote themselves to doing what is good, in order to provide for urgent needs and not live unproductive lives.” ‭‭Titus‬ ‭3:14‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

In the passage, Paul is telling Titus that their people need to learn to devote themselves to doing the good stuff. He says they need to provide for urgent needs and they shouldn’t live unproductive lives. Paul expected the lives of his people to be productive. He wanted to make sure everyone that needed help was getting help and that everyone was taking part in doing the work of the ministry.

Application:

I have to ask myself periodically, “Is my life productive?” It is a hard ask, but I do it sometimes just to keep my focus and my heart in the right place. I don’t want to live a life that doesn’t produce anything. I don’t want to be the fig tree Jesus cursed because it wasn’t providing fruit. I want my life to bring produce for the Kingdom. In order to do that, I need to evaluate sometimes what I am doing with my time, my abilities, etc. Am I being productive in life. I’ve heard it said this way, “You are either a consumer or a producer.” I don’t want to simply consume the work of others, I want to produce.

Prayer:

Father, let my life be productive for You and Your kingdom. Help me to live a life that produces and multiplies. Enable me to serve You well in my generation. I want to extend Your kingdom to the ends of the earth. Help me not to make excuses, but to step out and take initiative on the things that need to be done.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment