Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Lost Sheep and Shepherds

 Scripture:

““My people have been lost sheep; their shepherds have led them astray and caused them to roam on the mountains. They wandered over mountain and hill and forgot their own resting place.” ‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭50:6‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Judah had been in Babylonian captivity and Jeremiah is prophesying destruction on Babylon. Even though Babylon was empowered by the Lord to punish Judah, the Lord will punish them for doing it. God always looks out for His own, even when He is punishing them. 

Application:

God is always looking to restore His people who have strayed away from Him. In this passage, He says the shepherds, He entrusted their care to, have led them astray. As a shepherd in the modern sense, I don’t ever want to lead people the wrong direction. I want to hear what the Lord is saying and deliver the right word and lead people in the right direction. May it never be said of me that I led people astray, away from God’s will for their lives.

Prayer:

Father, thank You for blessing me in so many ways. I take very seriously my walk with You and I ask You to help me stay in check in every area of my life. Let my life reflect Your well and lead people the way You want them led. Teach me to walk with You and fulfill Your plans in the earth. I am Yours. Use me for Your glory.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment